Provides access to fitbit.com data through their REST API. Fitgem can pull data with or without a valid OAUth access_token. Without an access_token you can only gather data that a user has denoted as 'public'. However, if an access_token is provided then all exposed data can be gathered for the logged-in account.
WARNING: THIS GEM IS NO LONGER UNDER ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
I'm looking for a new maintainer- I've grown to dislike Fitbit's products and platform and don't have much interest in this library anymore. Please contact me if you're interested in taking over development.
The final release will be 1.0.0, which changes over the gem to use OAuth2.
$ gem install fitgem
or add it to your Gemfile
Comprehensive method documentation is available online.
The best way to connect your users to the Fitbit API is to use
omniauth-fitbit to integrate
Fitbit accounts into your web application. Once you have a Fitbit API OAuth
access_token for a user it's simple to create a client object through fitgem
to send and receive fitness data.
Contributing to Fitgem
The Fitbit REST API is in BETA right now, and so it will quite likely change over time. I aim to keep as up-to-date as I can but if you absolutely need functionality that isn't included here, feel free to fork and implement it, then send me a pull request.
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Many, many thanks to everyone that has contributed to improve fitgem!
See LICENSE for further details.