Ruby command-line script to fetch subtitles on Addic7ed
Refactoring TODO list
- [x] move download logic to a service object
- [x] add a new
- [x] move compatibility logic to a
- [x] create a
SubtitlesCollectionclass to hold and filter subtitles
- [x] move best subtitle logic to
- [x] rename
- [x] refactor how
- [x] rename
ShowListand make it a service object
- [x] write code documentation
- [x] Configure GitHub hook for RubyDoc
- [ ] move CLI to a separate gem (and use Thor or similar)
- [ ] update README to include only API stuff
- [x] add
- [ ] remove
- [ ] move all
to_inspectmethods to the CLI
- [ ] refactor errors (to match Ruby errors hierarchy and maybe allow both bang-erroring and not-erroring versions of public API methods)
- [ ] refactor how HI works (allow both "no HI", "force HI" and "don't care")
- [x] use symbols rather than strings for languages
- [x] add Rubocop
- [x] move user agents and languages to a config file
- [ ] add specs for parsing
Is it working ?
Until next time Addic7ed break their HTML/CSS structure, yes :smile:
How to use it ?
$ gem install addic7ed
Use it (e.g. to download a French subtitle for a "Californication" episode):
$ addic7ed -l fr /path/to/Californication.S06E07.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD.mkv
Enjoy your show :tv:
Are there any options ?
$ addic7ed -h Usage: addic7ed [options] <file1> [<file2>, <file3>, ...] -l, --language [LANGUAGE] Language code to look subtitles for (default: French) --no-hi Only download subtitles without Hearing Impaired lines -a, --all-subtitles Display all available subtitles -n, --do-not-download Do not download the subtitle -f, --force Overwrite existing subtitle -u, --untagged Do not include language code in subtitle filename -v, --[no-]verbose Run verbosely -q, --quiet Run without output (cron-mode) -d, --debug Debug mode [do not use] -h, --help Show this message -L, --list-languages List all available languages -V, --version Show version number
How to contribute ?
Feel free to submit a Pull Request, I'd be glad to review/merge it.
Also, if you like the awesome work done by the Addic7ed team, please consider donating to them !
Addic7ed restricts the number of subtitle download to 15 per 24h (30 per 24h for registered users, and 55 for VIP users).
Don't get mad, they have to pay for their servers, you know.
Ho, and by the way, please, please: do not hammer their servers, play fair !
There's some work remaining:
- Support registered users
- Support directory parsing
- Support "hearing impaired" versions
- Document code
- Test cli behaviour
- Colorize output
- Write doc for cron usage
- Write doc for iwatch usage
Supported Ruby versions
This projet supports the following Ruby versions/implementations:
- Ruby 2.0 (MRI)
- Ruby 2.1 (MRI)
- Ruby 2.2 (MRI)
- Ruby 2.3 (MRI)
:warning: Rubinius users may have to manually install RubySL before they can use
$ gem install rubysl
This project is released under the terms of the MIT license.
LICENSE.md file for details.