A simple Gem for Marist Campus-Wide Identification lookup.
Add this line to your application's Gemfile:
gem 'cwid', github: 'marist-sga/cwid'
And then execute:
# Configuration . do |c| c.username = 'Dennis' c.password = 'Murray' end # Lookups person = .(cwid: '20045405') # => #<CWID::Person> person.first_name # => 'Ethan' person.last_name # => 'Turkeltaub' # Formatting .('?200-45-4051&;') # => '20045405'
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my requests hanging?
You must be connected to the Marist network in order to perform lookups, whether that is with a VPN connection or directly on-campus.
Why aren't I getting any results for a CWID?
There are a few reasons why the LDAP server won't return a record:
- Certain employment codes are filtered.
MaristInfoRestrictis turned on.
- Fork it (https://github.com/marist-sga/cwid/fork)
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request