YourPlatform is a ruby on rails engine that provides the basis for administrtive and social network platforms for closed user groups such as alumni organizations.
The application serves four main purposes: Centralized or decentralized member management, networking features for members, exchange of information and documents and communication.
Getting Started Developing
- Have a look at our demo application: We are currently moving to another server. After that, the demo link will be provided here.
- Check out the demo application locally:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:fiedl/your_platform.git cd your_platform/demo_app/my_platform # provide a config/database.yml according to your local mysql credentials bundle install bundle exec rake db:create db:migrate bundle exec foreman start bundle exec rails server
View the application at http://localhost:3000.
- If you want to create an application based on the YourPlatform engine, please follow the GETTING STARTED GUIDE in the wiki.
If you have any troubles, feel free to contact us on our gitter channel.
- Have a quick look at rubygem's short explanation of semantic versioning.
- The version can be bumped using one of these:
rake version:bump:major rake version:bump:minor rake version:bump:patch
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
Authors and License
Copyright (c) 2012-2015, Sebastian Fiedlschuster
Contributors: Jörg Reichardt, Manuel Zerpies, Joachim Back
License: The Source Code is released under the GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL). Explicitely excluded are the images and fonts.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.