- You must have commit rights to the SSHKit repository.
- You must have push rights for the sshkit gem on rubygems.org.
- You must be using Ruby >= 2.1.0.
~/.netrc must be configured with your GitHub credentials, as explained here.
How to release
bundle install to make sure that you have all the gems necessary for testing and releasing.
- Ensure the tests are passing by running
rake test. If functional tests fail, ensure you have Vagrant installed and have started it with
- Determine which would be the correct next version number according to semver.
- Update the version in
- Update the
- Commit the changelog and version in a single commit, the message should be "Preparing vX.Y.Z"
rake release; this will tag, push to GitHub, publish to rubygems.org, and upload the latest changelog entry to the GitHub releases page.