UberConfig is a config loader that will load config files from various locations.
New in 1.0
- Will look for both yml AND json files
- Added :ext option to choose config extension
- Indifferent access so you can use either symbols or strings for keys
config = .
It will look
config.json by default. You can change what it will look for and
where with the different load() options.
Here is the order of where it looks:
- $abt_config global variable (for https://github.com/iron-io/abt)
- HTTP url of an IronCache entry set in ENV['CONFIG_CACHE_KEY']
- TODO: any http url set in ENV['CONFIGURL'], should parse body
- look at directory set by ENV['CONFIGDIR']
- look at directory set by cli argument --configdir
- look for file name set by ENV['CONFIGFILE']
- look for file name set by cli argument --configfile
- directory of file that calls UberConfig.load
- working directory
- TODO: look at ~/configs/#working_directory_name directory
:dir can be used to change working_directory_name.