A simple command line Pomodoro tracker for OSX.
Tomato Paste is a very basic Pomodoro timer and it's pretty much a literal implementation of the technique's "Underlying principles" as described on Wikipedia.
Tomato Paste's Pomodoro cycle is as follows:
- Prompts you to title the task you plan to complete
- Start a timer for 25 minutes
- Once the main timer is done a visual and audio notification fires
- A short-break timer is started for 5 minutes
- Notifications fire once the break is over
- You're asked if you wish to do another Pomodoro
- After 4 Pomodori have been completed, a 20 minute break is enforced
$ gem install tomato_paste
After installing the gem just run
tomatopaste from a terminal.
I wrote this gem for fun and I would love any constructive feedback!
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request