Spree Recurring Order
Before you invest time in trying to use this gem, here are some caveats:
- It does not process recurring payments
- It was built for quite a specific case, so please make sure it actually does what you want
This gem was built so the user can show the intention of subscribing to a recurring order. The way it works is:
- User is presented with a recurring order option page after checkout
- If the option is selected, the recurring order will appear in the 'Recurring Orders' tab in the admin section
- Managing the recurring order after that is on your own. We are doing this by using the spree_repeat_order (https://github.com/frankmt/spree_repeat_order) gem
The gem also blocks the checkout path when a user has a recurring order in their cart, since the recurring orders are supposed to be processed offline.
Add spree_recurring_order to your Gemfile:
Bundle your dependencies and run the installation generator:
bundle bundle exec rails g spree_recurring_order:install
Be sure to bundle your dependencies and then create a dummy test app for the specs to run against.
bundle bundle exec rake test_app bundle exec rspec spec
When testing your applications integration with this extension you may use it's factories. Simply add this require statement to your spec_helper:
Copyright (c) 2014 [name of extension creator], released under the New BSD License