Spawn for Legacy
This library provides
spawn() which is almost perfectly compatible with ruby 1.9's.
This library is pure ruby; you don't need to build it.
gem install sfl
How to use
require 'rubygems' require 'sfl' 'ls'
If your ruby is 1.9,
require 'sfl' doesn't do anything. If your ruby is 1.8, that defines
How compatible this spawn is?
(I'll put the coverage here later)
- At first I tried to use the name
spawnas this gem library name, but the name was already used. The
spawngem library does not mean ruby 1.9's
- Ruby 1.9's
open3library, based on
spawn, is very useful. I would like to port
open3to ruby 1.8 in my future.
- (On MacOS) MRI 1.8.6, 1.8.7, 1.9.1, 1.9.2-rc2
- (On UNIX) MRI 1.8.6, 1.8.7, 1.9.1, 1.9.2pre
- (On Windows) MRI 1.9.1, 1.9.2pre
Currently there are no supports on:
- MRI 1.8 on Windows
- Other Ruby implementations such as JRuby, Rubinius and MacRuby
Tatsuhiro Ujihisa http://ujihisa.blogspot.com/
Bernard Lambeau http://revision-zero.org/
Kenta Murata http://mrkn.jp/