Give each of your projects it’s own RVM gemset and use Bundler to install the required gems.
Based on this implementation by Wayne E. Seguin http://gist.github.com/439102
gem install rvmify
cd my_project rvmify .
Or do it with ruby:
Dir.glob("*").each do |dir| .(dir) end
Make sure you have the following line in the .rvmrc file in your home directory:
- Use Thor for generators
- figure out how to handle bundler updates
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don’t break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright © 2010 Steve Agalloco. See LICENSE for details.