What is ruby-oci8
Ruby-oci8 is a ruby interface for Oracle Database. The latest version is available for all Oracle versions after Oracle 10g including Oracle Instant Client.
Use ruby-oci8 2.0.6 for Oracle 8 or use ruby-oci8 2.1.8 for Oracle 9i.
Note that ruby 1.8 support was dropped in ruby-oci8 2.2.0. Use ruby-oci8 2.1.8 for ruby 1.8.
When you have an Oracle database server to which
sqlplus scott/tiger can connect
scott user has
emp table, you can select
emp and print rows
as CSV by the followig one liner.
ruby -r oci8 -e "OCI8.new('scott', 'tiger').exec('select * from emp') do |r| puts r.join(','); end"
- Install for Oracle Full Client
- Install for Oracle Instant Client
- Install Binary Package
- Install on OS X
- Number Type Mapping between Oracle and Ruby
- Timeout Parameters
- Conflicts between Local Connections and Child Process Handling on Unix
- Hanging After a Long Period of Inactivity
- Bind an Array to IN-condition
- LDAP Authentication and Function Interposition