This is a collection of useful Rake tasks for Rails.
Add this line to your Gemfile to install it with Bundler:
# Rake tasks for Rails gem "rateaux"
bundle install in a terminal.
Delete all data from the current database.
$ rake db:truncate
Delete all data and tables from the current database. This is similar to
db:drop but it does not drop the database itself.
$ rake db:drop_tables
# encoding: UTF-8 header to all ruby files in the project. Useful before Ruby 2.
$ rake encoding_headers
Remove migrations then checkout a git branch.
$ rake checkout new_branch_name
- Roll back any migrations on your current branch which do not exist on the other branch
- Discard any changes to the db/schema.rb file
- Check out the other branch
- Run any new migrations existing in the other branch
- Update your test database
Empty the cache store.
$ rake cache_clear
Assets Copy Non Digested
Copy assets files with a digest (for example
application-d45e…565.css) to their non-digested form (for example
$ rake assets:copy_non_digested
View DB schema
View the database structure
$ rake db:schema:view