A Ruby wrapper for the Open311 API v2.
Does your project or organization use this gem?
Add it to the apps wiki!
$ [sudo] gem install open311
require 'open311' # Certain methods require an API key . do |config| config.endpoint = 'https://open311.sfgov.org/' config.format = 'xml' config.jurisdiction = 'sfgov.org' end # Provide a list of acceptable 311 service request types and their associated service codes .service_list
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by resolving issues
- by reviewing patches
Submitting an Issue
We use the GitHub issue tracker to track bugs and features. Before submitting a bug report or feature request, check to make sure it hasn't already been submitted. You can indicate support for an existing issuse by voting it up. When submitting a bug report, please include a Gist that includes a stack trace and any details that may be necessary to reproduce the bug, including your gem version, Ruby version, and operating system. Ideally, a bug report should include a pull request with failing specs.
Submitting a Pull Request
- Fork the project.
- Create a topic branch.
- Implement your feature or bug fix.
- Add documentation for your feature or bug fix.
- Run bundle exec rake doc:yard. If your changes are not 100% documented, go back to step 4.
- Add specs for your feature or bug fix.
- Run bundle exec rake spec:rcov. If your changes are not 100% covered, go back to step 6.
- Commit and push your changes.
- Submit a pull request. Please do not include changes to the gemspec, version, or history file. (If you want to create your own version for some reason, please do so in a separate commit.)
Copyright (c) 2010 Code for America Laboratories See LICENSE for details.