Office Clerk is the back office helper, your accountant, storage manager, secretary and more. It is the heart of the RubyClerks team , the manager as it were.
In production for 2 sites. Work continues on refinements. That could qualify for 1.0 but i'll wait a few months.
The original plan (as per web-site) is being implemented: several extension "clerk" will be optional. Some are ready (one not)
This currenly does graphical sales reports. Purchase order creation is planned.
A invoice generator. Also barcode generation and receipt printing (for POS use).
The easy way (tryout or new project):
- clone sales_clerk
- bundle and migrate it
- change the git/config
- start editing
The longer route, adding to existing project
- add office_clerk to Gemfile (gem or git)
- build your public pages
- possibly copy ShopController from sales_clerk as a starting point
If you got this far and still have question , mail me, or mail the list
Fill issues if you find, or discuss with me for ideas.
- "Spree":http:spreecommerce.com , the grandfather of the rails ecommerce has grown big and mighty
- "Ror-e":http://ror-e.com/ has some nice purchase features, and did great work to standardise rails usage
- "MarketStreet":https://github.com/alex-nexus/market_street/ has taken the ball from ror-e and is running strong with an impressive list of goals
- "TryShoppe":http://tryshoppe.com/ is new and lightweight. Very nice looking interface.