A ruby wrapper around mpg123 providing some additional features.
I was unsatisfied with how every other mp3 player I'd tried randomized music. So, I wrote my own to satisfy my desires. Maybe it will satisy yours, too.
- allows you to rate songs on any scale you choose (but I recommend using 1-11).
- writes ratings to custom field in ID3 tags, for persistance across devices.
- plays those with a higher rating more frequently.
- is more likely to play a song that it hasn't played in a while than another of equal rating that it's played more recently.
- will not play songs by the same artist too close to each other.
- supports relative volume adjustments embeded in ID3 tags with mpg123's --rva-mix flag.
- currently is operated from it's own command shell. Maybe someday I'll create a GUI. Maybe I won't.
MusicBlender requires you to have mpg123 installed and in your path. MusicBlender does not play well with mpg321.
- install mpg123
gem install music_blender
- From the console, run
- From MusicBlender's command prompt, enter
pause- pause and restart playback.
play- play a new song (aborts current song if already playing).
stop- stop playback.
exit- stop playback and exit.
info- print out info about currently play song.
rate# - set current songs rating to #.