This is a tool that converts markdown files to presentations using impress.js.
This presentation was created from the same markdown file and a different stylesheet using
mdpress -s [stylesheet name].
- dead simple, works with any markdown file
- comes with a beautiful default stylesheet + more styles (more styles TBD) ... no need to write your own
- ...but you can write your own easily if you want!
- comes with prettify integrated, does code highlighting out of the box
- has an auto-update mode; update your markdown file and mdpress will update your presentation automatically
- quick install as a ruby gem
- presentations are tiny and easy to distribute
- presentations are easy to read as a plain text file
gem install mdpress
mdpress [url or filename.md]
This creates a directory named
filename. Start the presentation by opening up
See full usage (it's easy!).
Mdpress in the wild
To contribute a new stylesheet, follow these steps:
- Fork this repo.
- Place your new stylesheet in
lib/impress_css/[your stylesheet name].css
- Send me a pull request!
Copyright (C) 2013 by Aditya Bhargava (MIT license)