Maktoub is a Ruby on Rails engine for email newsletters.
- Write your newsletter as you would write any view (erb partial)
- Maktoub sends your email in multipart as both html and text
# Add this line to your Gemfile gem 'maktoub'
Compatible with Rails 4+. For Rails 3.1+ use version 0.3.1
You can run
rails generate maktoub:config to generate the configuration file. This task creates a
matkoub.rb initializer file (in config/initializer)
Follow instructions inside the file to configure it the way you want.
Create a newsletter as a normal view partial in
The subject of the newsletter will be automatically deduced from the partial's name.
Create a view partial in
app/views/layouts/maktoub/_styles.erb. Note that this completely overrides the styles that come with maktoub.
You can copy the built-in styles and override them.
Maktoub comes with two rake tasks to allow you to:
- send a test message to the "from" address of your newsletter.
- publish the newsletter to all your subscribers. If you have delayed_job installed then it will use it to deliver each email as a background job
Alternatively you have access to a Maktoub::NewsletterMailer ActionMailer object with a publish method
Maktoub::NewsletterMailer.publish('my_newsletter_partial', name: 'User name', email: '[email protected]')
View in browser
To be able to view your newsletter in a browser add it to routes.rb.
- mount the engine at a path of your choice. e.g.
mount Maktoub::Engine => '/'
- you would access the newsletter at:
Send a pull request including documentation changes and tests.
- integrate with TravisCI
- create github page for project
- allow management of multiple lists
- allow rendering of newletter from remotely hosted views (e.g. S3)