A web log viewer and logging framework for Rack applications
Add these lines to your application's Gemfile:
gem 'redis' gem 'logster'
And then execute:
Logster will wire up
/logs path in your Rails app in development mode only. Production mode is being worked on.
Logster is in current development, at the moment the focus is on a decent tool for dev. Once that is complete production mode will be built.
The concept is to have an embedded "exception reporting service" admins can view on live sites.
Logs will be visible by default at
http://sitename.com/logs, only dev mode is implemented now.
Logster UI is built using Ember.js
- Fork it ( https://github.com/SamSaffron/logster/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- 2014-05-07: Started changelog :)
- 2014-05-07: Version 0.0.4
- Feature: Ability to ignore patterns with Logster.store.ignore = [/regex/]
- Feature: Store backtraces, allow people to view them in the GUI
- 2014-05-12: Version 0.0.5
- Feature: We now log basic rack environment with the messages
- Add your on with Logster.add_to_env(env, key, value)
- 2014-05-12: Version 0.0.6
- Add referer to env
- 2014-05-13: Version 0.0.7