This game is for LGTM lovers that want to generate cool shits without leaving their terminal.
Check out the magic below
This gem needs imagemagick installed on local machine for image processing
See if it has been installed already (should be able to see similar output like below)
$ convert -version Version: ImageMagick 6.9.2-6 Q16 x86_64 2015-11-15 http://www.imagemagick.org Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2015 ImageMagick Studio LLC
If not, follow below command to install it
# for Ubuntu, Debian $ sudo apt-get install imagemagick libmagickwand-dev # for RHEL, CentOS, Fedora $ yum install -y ImageMagick ImageMagick-devel # Mac with Brew $ brew install imagemagick # Mac with Port $ sudo port install imagemagick
$ gem install lgtm_hd
Add LGTM caption to image
$ lgtm_hd <source_image_uri>
Fetch random image from LGTM.in
$ lgtm_hd random
--interactive (or -i) is for lazy people who can't bother to type --dest DIR (or -d) is for changing output folder Default command is transform so you can just leave the command empty.
Add LGTM caption to image (with output)
$ lgtm_hd http://nogitweet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/fbf5c1c80ffea521bad6e231061731a5.gif Reading and inspecting source at http://nogitweet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/fbf5c1c80ffea521bad6e231061731a5.gif Transforming Image Exporting to file Exported LGTM image to /Users/huydq/Desktop/lgtm_hd_20170529005457.gif Copied file to OS's clipboard for direct pasting to Github comments or Slack
Fetch random image from LGTM.in (with output)
$ bundle exec bin/lgtm_hd random Fetching from lgtm.in Loading image at http://www.storyofbing.com/pics3/ff0040_kids_thumbs_up_sharp_mooiplaas.jpg Exported image to /Users/huydq/Works/lgtm_hd/lgtm_hd_20170529011541.jpg Copied file to OS's clipboard for direct pasting to Github comments or Slack Or you can copy the markdown format below provided by lgtm.in [![LGTM](https://lgtm.in/p/mdVnGXxym)](https://lgtm.in/i/mdVnGXxym) if the lgtm.in's image does not have LGTM texts on it, run the cmd below lgtm_hd /Users/huydq/Works/lgtm_hd/lgtm_hd_20170529011541.jpg
$ lgtm_hd -i -- LGTM HD Interactive Mode -- Source Image (URL or Path/to/file): lgtm_hd_20170527122725.jpg Destination Directory (Enter to skip): ...
- Smart Color - render White or Black caption based on the background\'s darkness
- Source Image - Support Offline (file) or Online (url)
- Caption Position - Top Center or Bottom Center positions for the caption
- Auto Clipboard - MacOSX user can just paste directly to comment box on Github after running the programm. On other OSes the clipboard only returns the path to the generated LGTM image.
- Random image from LGTM.in
- Formats - GIF, PNG, JPEG (SVG and TIFF not tested yet)
- Max Image size is 500px by 500px
Features TODO List
- Add options for [font size, positions] (Code already setup for this, expect new version soon!)
- Add --source-random option incase there is no source provided.
- Add --caption-color for more colorful captions
- Submission to lgtm.in
- Keyword's based Query google images and return the first found item
- Interactive mode with image preview in ASCII generation
- Interactive mode that allow adjusting LGTM captions
- Add progress bar for the whole generation process
- Support multiple LGTM texts
- Need to add RSpect test. Target is 90% code coverage on code climate.
- Need to refactor Lgtm_HD module for a more generic approach so it can become a meme generator in the future, not just LGTM.
As I am new in Ruby. Please feel free to help me improving this gem in whatever way you want, for examples, code contributing, code reviewing, manual testing or even just brushing up ideas :)
The gem is available as open source under the terms of the MIT License.
Ruby Newbie and Chandler Bing's big fan.