jiraSOAP - Ruby interface to the JIRA SOAP API
Uses handsoap to build a client for the JIRA SOAP API that works on Ruby 1.9 as well as MacRuby.
jira4r gem already exists, and works well on Ruby 1.8, but is
not compatible with Ruby 1.9 or MacRuby due to its dependance on
Pick up where
jira4r left off:
- Implement the current API;
jira4rdoes not implement APIs from JIRA 4.x
- not including APIs that have been deprecated in JIRA 4.x
- More natural interface; not adhering to the API when the API is weird
- Speed; network latency is bad enough (it would be cool to roflscale)
- Excellent documentation
See the Getting Started guide.
- Finish implementing all of the JIRA API
- Performance optimizations
- Using GCD/Threads for parsing arrays of results; a significant speed up for large types and large arrays (ie. creating issues from JQL searches)
- Parsing might be doable with array indexing instead of hash lookups
- Use a different web driver backend (net/http is slow under load)
- ActiveRecord inspired conveniences
- ProjectRole.new( 'test role' ).unique? # => check uniqueness
- Issue.new( args ).create! # => creates a new issue
- Issue.with_key( 'JIRA-123' ) # => returns result of issue lookup
- Issue.new( args ).project # => returns a JIRA::Project
The test suite relies on a specific JIRA server being available. Every thing that might need to be configured has been abstracted to its own method so that the values can easily be changed, but I will try to provide a database backup in the near future if the licensing works out.
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally. If it is difficult for you to run the tests then let me know.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright: Marketcircle Inc., 2010-2011
See LICENSE.txt for details.