Ruby Client for Cloud Data Loss Prevention (DLP) API (Alpha)
Cloud Data Loss Prevention (DLP) API: Provides methods for detection, risk analysis, and de-identification of privacy-sensitive fragments in text, images, and Google Cloud Platform storage repositories.
In order to use this library, you first need to go through the following steps:
- Select or create a Cloud Platform project.
- Enable billing for your project.
- Enable the Cloud Data Loss Prevention (DLP) API.
- Setup Authentication.
$ gem install google-cloud-dlp
- Read the Client Library Documentation for Cloud Data Loss Prevention (DLP) API to see other available methods on the client.
- Read the Cloud Data Loss Prevention (DLP) API Product documentation to learn more about the product and see How-to Guides.
- View this repository's main README to see the full list of Cloud APIs that we cover.
To enable logging for this library, set the logger for the underlying gRPC library.
The logger that you set may be a Ruby stdlib
Logger as shown below,
that will write logs to Stackdriver Logging. See grpc/logconfig.rb
and the gRPC spec_helper.rb for additional information.
Configuring a Ruby stdlib logger:
require "logger" module MyLogger LOGGER = Logger.new $stderr, level: Logger::WARN def logger LOGGER end end # Define a gRPC module-level logger method before grpc/logconfig.rb loads. module GRPC extend MyLogger end
Supported Ruby Versions
This library is supported on Ruby 2.4+.
Google provides official support for Ruby versions that are actively supported by Ruby Core—that is, Ruby versions that are either in normal maintenance or in security maintenance, and not end of life. Currently, this means Ruby 2.4 and later. Older versions of Ruby may still work, but are unsupported and not recommended. See https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/branches/ for details about the Ruby support schedule.