future-resource allows you to wait on a final value being set for a placeholder, which may occur asynchronously.
gem install future-resource
require 'future-resource' fr = . Thread.new do sleep 10 fr.resource = :foo end p fr.set_yet? p fr.resource
You will see
false printed first, followed by a delay before
:foo is printed
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history.
- If you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself so I can ignore when I pull
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2011 Jay Phillips. MIT licence (see LICENSE for details).