Engen is a simple implementation of a Ruby on Rails engine generator designed for Rails 3.
It generates the basic structure of a Rails engine, including an engine.rb file. It also injects a gem requirement into your Gemfile that points to your new engine.
rails generate engine NAME
gem install engen
If you find a bug, or something is not generated that should be, please follow the steps below:
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2011 Josh McArthur. See LICENSE.txt for further details.