This is merb plugin for exception notification with hoptoad. It should work with any merb app that's based on merb 1.0 and higher
This plugin: github.com/atmos/merb_hoptoad_notifier/tree/master The original: github.com/thoughtbot/hoptoad_notifier/tree/master
1) Get your api key for your app from hoptoadapp.com
2) Add the api key to config/hoptoad.yml with a similar syntax as the following
3) Require hoptoad in init.rb require 'merb_hoptoad_notifier'
4) Add the following method to your Exceptions controller. Depending on your merb version you'll need to use the exceptions,standard_error, or internal_server error as the action name. Kinda weak, but the API changed a lot in 0.9.x
class Exceptions < Merb::Controller
if %w( staging production ).include?(Merb.env) def standard_error .(request, session) render end end
5) Restart the server, trigger an error(in staging or prod) and check that it arrived at hoptoad :)
Filtersing your post environment
If you have environmental variables set in your ruby process that should not be sent to hoptoad, there's a mechanism for filtering those attributes now. Throw something like this in config/init.rb
. = %w(^AWS ^EC2 SECRET PRIVATE KEY)
Each of these words will be compiled into a regex so you should be able to use anchors if needed.
Thanks to the following GitHubbers
joakimk, fairchild and cv.