Welcome to Tracksys
- Install rbenv or RVM
- Install ruby 2.2.4
- If using rbenv: Run
- MySQL 5.6.27 (later version will not work!)
- imagemagick (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php. Use brew for OSX)
- Kakadu (No version for OSX; imagemagick used instead. www.kakadusoftware.com/)
- ActiveMQ version 5.8.0 (http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-580-release.html)
Before starting ActiveMQ, you need to enable the Stomp transport. Navigate to ./conf and open activemq.xml.
Find the TransportConnectors section and uncomment or add the following line:
Once this is done, you can start the server with ./bin/activemq start. Point your browser at: http://127.0.0.1:8161/admin/ u: admin, p: admin to verify that it is working.
- If using rbenv: rbenv 1.9.3-p448
- gem install bundler -v1.3.5 (later version will not work)
- cd /usr/local/projects
- git clone https://github.com/uvalib-dcs/tracksys.git
- cd tracksys
- git submodule init
- git submodule update
- bundle install
- If using rbenv: rbenv rehash # to run the executables of the newly installed gems.
- Create config/database.yml file with credentials for you MySQL install
- rake db:create
- rake db:migrate
- A simple set of starter sql data can be found in db/ts_daily_progress_min.sql; import it into your DB.
Startign the server
The main server can me run as you would expect: rails s
This will get you the UI and basic browsing/editing functionality, but none of the processes will work. To make this happen, the pollers must be started. There is a script for this. From the root of your install, run: ./script/start_pollers.sh.
You will see a list of pollers getting started. Once the script terminates, all are running and Tracksys should be fully functional.
If you need to stop the pollers, run: ./script/poller stop