A Rails engine that helps you put together a super-flexible admin dashboard. Try the demo.
Note: Administrate is still pre-1.0, and there may be occasional breaking changes to the API.
To do that, Administrate follows a few simple rules:
- No DSLs (domain-specific languages)
- Support the simplest use cases, and let the user override defaults with standard tools such as plain Rails controllers and views.
- Break up the library into core components and plugins, so each component stays small and easy to maintain.
Add Administrate to your Gemfile:
# Gemfile gem "administrate", "~> 0.1.1"
Re-bundle, then run the installer:
$ rails generate administrate:install
Restart your server, and visit http://localhost:3000/admin to see your new dashboard in action.
To customize the appearance, behavior, and contents of the dashboard, see the guides at http://administrate-docs.herokuapp.com.
This repository contains both the source code for Administrate, and a demo Rails app that uses Administrate. The demo app is hosted publicly on Heroku.
- The gem's source code lives in the
- The demo app is at the repository root, in order to support deployment on Heroku.
With this structure, developing a typical feature looks like:
- Add tests in
- Implement a feature in
- Exercise the feature using the root-level rails app (
Use the following guides for getting things done, programming well, and programming in style.