Duration is an immutable type that represents some amount of time with accuracy in seconds.
A lot of the code and inspirations is borrowed from duration lib, which is a mutable Duration type with lot more features.
- Representation of time in weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds.
- Construtor can receive the amount of time in seconds or a Hash with unit and amount of time.
- Format method to display the time with i18n support.
- Mongoid serialization support. Use
- Tested on mri 1.9.3 and jruby. Kudos to rvm!
Show me the code
Duration.new(100) => #<Duration: minutes=1, seconds=40, total=100> Duration.new(:hours => 5, :minutes => 70) => #<Duration: hours=6, minutes=10, total=22200>
Duration.new(:weeks => 3, :days => 1).format("%w %~w and %d %~d") => "3 weeks and 1 day" Duration.new(:weeks => 1, :days => 20).format("%w %~w and %d %~d") => "3 weeks and 6 days"
Duration.new(:weeks => 1, :days => 20).iso8601 => "P3W6DT0H0M0S"
The current version of this gem supports Mongoid >= 3.0.0. For lower Mongoid versions try:
require 'duration/mongoid' class MyModel include ::Document field :duration, type => end
The current version of this gem runs only on Ruby Versions >= 1.9.3. If you are running a older version of Ruby try:
- tag v2.1.4
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2010 Jose Peleteiro
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.