Pantry Chef is a plugin for Pantry to host and serve up Chef data (cookbooks, environments, roles, and data bags). Chef is run on Clients using chef-solo.
Install the plugin on all nodes in the Pantry network:
gem install pantry-chef
Once installed, using Pantry Chef is simple. You'll need to upload each of your cookbooks to the server.
pantry chef:cookbook:upload COOKBOOK_DIR
For application specific files (environments, roles, and data bags) you need to specify an application for uploading
pantry -a [application] chef:environment:upload ENVIRONMENT_FILE ...
Once all files are uploaded, trigger a Chef run on all clients:
More details can be found at http://pantryops.org/chef
- Built and Maintained by Collective Idea
- Hosted on Github pantry/pantry-chef
- File bug reports on the Issue tracker
- Fork this repository on Github
- Make your changes and send us a Pull Request
- All Pull Requests must contain tests
- Pull Request tests must pass before being accepted
Pantry Chef is distributed under the MIT License. See LICENSE for more details.