A Rails Engine for integrating with Orcid
Add this line to your application's Gemfile:
And then execute:
If bundle fails, you may need to install Qt: https://github.com/thoughtbot/capybara-webkit/wiki/Installing-Qt-and-compiling-capybara-webkit
And then install:
$ rails generate orcid:install
Running the tests
rake to generate the dummy app and run the offline tests.
To run the online tests, you'll need ORCID application credentials:
- Register for an ORCID app: http://support.orcid.org/knowledgebase/articles/116739-register-a-client-application (this could take days to come back)
- Register two ORCID users: https://sandbox.orcid.org/register (make sure to use
@mailinator.com as your email) Save the email addresses, orcid ids, and passwords for editing application.yml
- Go to mailinator (http://mailinator.com/) and claim 1 ORCID by clicking the verify link in the email.
cp config/application.yml.sample config/application.yml
- Update the application.yml with your information
Run the online tests with
- When searching for your profile, expose Name and associated DOI as query parameters.