Example Rails 3.2 / Ruby 1.9.3 site using devise and twitter-bootstrap. Facebox is used for modal 'lightbox' devise forms.
- Update SEO tag scheme to move tag text to I18n locale file, add noindex,nofollow to devise forms
- Restore email requirement, including with Twitter login
- Add Devise email confirmation (including confirmation email resend based on username)
- Added login via Twitter option using the omniauth-twitter gem.
- Added user image to top nav bar. If no image from Twitter, then look for one on Gravatar
- Email is no longer required.
- Download the zip file or clone this repository, then run:
bundle install rake db:migrate
Register your application with Twitter.
cp config/database-yml.todo config/database.yml cp config/private.yml.todo config/private.yml
Update the two new files with your project specific settings.
config/private.yml contains the settings not appropriate for saving in a public repository.
- Update what's necessary for your hosting. Such as creating the
./logdirectories, editing the ngnix conf, etc.
Please read the comments in
config/deploy.rb for how these two locally maintained files are treated with a Capistrano deployment.
Related Blog Posts
Blog posts on joanswork.com that provide further explanation and instruction.
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2014 Joan Hughes (ZoeOberon Solutions)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.