thoughtbot Middleman Starter
This starter kit for Middleman follows the thoughtbot styleguide and includes our favorite front end tools.
Middleman is a static site generator built in Ruby. This makes it a great fit for projects that may end up as a Ruby on Rails app. Its minimalistic structure makes it very easy to work with, and includes support for deploying to Github Pages.
- HAML: Simple template markup
- Sass (LibSass): CSS with superpowers
- Bourbon: Sass mixin library
- Neat: Semantic grid for Sass and Bourbon
- Bitters: Scaffold styles, variables and structure for Bourbon projects.
- Middleman Live Reload: Reloads the page when files change
- Middleman Deploy: Deploy your Middleman build via rsync, ftp, sftp, or git (deploys to Github Pages by default)
Set up your project in your code directory
git clone https://github.com/thoughtbot/proteus-middleman.git your-project-folder cd your-project-folder git remote rm origin git remote add origin your-git-url
Run the server
bundle exec middleman
Deploy to Github Pages
bundle exec middleman deploy
Or install the Proteus gem and enjoy some shortcuts.
If you have problems, please create a GitHub Issue.
Have a fix or want to add a feature? Pull Requests are welcome!