Tracks: a GTD(TM) web application, built with Ruby on Rails
Copyright (C) 2004-2013 rousette.org.uk
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- Project homepage: http://getontracks.org/
- Manual: http://getontracks.org/manual/
- Source at GitHub: https://github.com/TracksApp/tracks
- Assembla space (for bug reports and feature requests): https://www.assembla.com/spaces/tracks-tickets/tickets
- Wiki (community contributed information): https://github.com/TracksApp/tracks/wiki
- Forum (read-only): http://getontracks.org/forums/
- Mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/TracksApp
- Original developer: bsag (http://www.rousette.org.uk/)
- Contributors: https://github.com/TracksApp/tracks/wiki/Contributors
- Version: 2.3devel
Full instructions for both new installations and upgrades from older installations of Tracks can be found within the /doc directory.
The instructions might appear long and intimidatingly complex, but that is mostly because of the number of different platforms supported, and the different configurations which can be used (e.g. running Tracks on your local computer or on a remote server). If you choose the appropriate section for your situation (installation vs. upgrade), and use the easiest (recommended) method, you should find the instructions easy to follow. If you encounter problems, try searching the wiki, forum or mailing list (URLs above), and ask a question if you cannot find a solution to your problem.
The wiki has a lot of user contributed installation HOWTOs for various webhosts, specific OS's and more.
If you are thinking about contributing towards the development of Tracks, please read /doc/README_DEVELOPERS for general information. Also you can find some information on development, testing and contributing on the wiki.
While fully usable for everyday use, Tracks is still a work in progress. Make sure that you take sensible precautions and back up all your data frequently, taking particular care when you are upgrading.
Enjoy being productive!
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.