Roe is a ruby oEmbed client.
(sudo) gem install roe
Roe exposes a method
resolve for accessing oEmbed data:
.('http://twitpic.com/7745l9') # => <Hashie::Rash version="1.0" type="photo" width=240 height=160 >
You can pass an options hash (optional) to refine your query:
.('http://twitpic.com/7745l9', :maxheight => 240)
Under the hood, Roe uses Faraday as well as MultiJson to parse the provider responses. It then converts the response hash into a Hashie::Rash. You can specify an http client by configuring Roe:
. do |config| config.adapter = :typhoeus config.user_agent = 'oEmbed Client' config.proxy = ENV['http_proxy'] end
- Revision 3
- add the ability to dynamically add new services
- support for more providers
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2011 Steve Agalloco. See LICENSE for details.