DSL for operating on various types of Rails 3 application artifacts. The DSL mostly allows performing common CRUD operations etc. This is particularly useful when creating Rails 3 generators, plugins etc. that perform code checks and mutations of the app. The artifactor has in part been designed for use with the please me tool. (see my github account)
gem install rails_artifactor
- Specs pass
- Still needs some refactoring to tidy it up!
Introduces the ability to easily load one or more artifact helper modules into your class or module of choice. This will introduce various helper methods geared toward operating a that particular kind of artifact, such as CRUD operations etc.
module MyCoolModule use_helpers :model, :controller use_orm :mongoid def make_hello_model # this is a method available after loading the :model artifact helper # since orm used is set to :mongoid, it will create a mongoid model file create_model :hello do '# Hello' end remove_model :hello if has_model? :hello create_controller :hello do ... end end end
Update, Okt. 5 2010
Now includes a very flexible API for specifying view files etc. See view_file_spec.rb for usage examples.
Make DSL even better, fx:
with_model :account do |m| m.create! do '# hello' end m.remove! end
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2010 Kristian Mandrup. See LICENSE for details.