When building multitenant applications, never let an unscoped Model.all accidentally leak data to an unintended audience.
class User < ActiveRecord::Base belongs_to :tenant end . current_tenant do # queries within this block are automatically # scoped to the current tenant User.all # new objects created within this block are automatically # assigned to the current tenant User.create :name => 'Bob' end
- Rails 3 compatible
- Restrict database queries to only lookup objects for the current tenant
- Auto assign newly created objects to the current tenant
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Thanks to Lars Klevan for inspiring this project.
Copyright (c) 2011 Ryan Sonnek. See LICENSE.txt for further details.