Ruby Invoicing Framework
This is a framework for generating and displaying invoices (ideal for commercial Rails apps). It allows for flexible business logic; provides tools for tax handling, commission calculation etc. It aims to be both developer-friendly and accountant-friendly. Please visit invoicing page for more information about how to install and use.
- Store any number of different types of invoice, credit note and payment record
- Represent customer accounts, supplier accounts, and even complicated multi-party billing relationships
- Automatically format currency values beautifully
- Automatically round currency values to the customary precision for that particular currency, e.g. based on the smallest coin in circulation
- Support any number of different currencies simultaneously
- Render invoices, account statements etc. into HTML (fully styleable and internationalisable)
- Export into the UBL XML format for sharing data with other systems
- Provide you with a default Value Added Tax (VAT) implementation, but you can also easily plug in your own tax logic
- Dynamically display tax-inclusive or tax-exclusive prices depending on your customer's location and preferences
- Deal with tax rates or prices changing over time, and automatically switch to the new rate at the right moment
- Efficiently summarise account balances, sales statements etc. under arbitrary conditions (e.g. data from one quarter, or payments due at a particular date)
- Slowly move away from
- Multiple taxes can be applied on goodies.
- Improve documentation for taxes
The Ruby invoicing framework originated as part of the website Bid for Wine, developed by Patrick Dietrich, Conrad Irwin, Michael Arnold and Martin Kleppmann for Ept Computing Ltd. It was extracted from the Bid for Wine codebase and substantially extended by Martin Kleppmann.
Copyright (c) 2009 Martin Kleppmann, Ept Computing Limited. Copyright (c) 2014 Codemancers Tech Pvt Ltd
This gem is made publicly available under the terms of the MIT license. See LICENSE and/or COPYING for details.