Github Issue Importer imports bugs into github issues. Currently it only supports Launchpad. It is hoped it will support other bug trackers in the future.
The importer will import each bug and it's comments into github. It uses the following algorithm for Launchpad.
- Ignore the first comment as it holds the original description
- Set the Importance as a label
- Close the bug if it is in Fix Released or Fix Committed state.
- Add a one line summary to the end of the bug and comments with link to Launchpad and who the original author was.
First install them gem.
gem install github-issue-importer
To import into github, you will need a public github repository with issues enabled. You will also need the github API token for your account which can be found on the Account Admin Page.
You can then import a project like so
github-issue-importer --lp-project zookeepr --gh-login johnf --gh-token TOKEN --gh-repo johnf/test
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project on github.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with Rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
github Issue Importer is MIT licensed.