This gem wraps Amazon's SellerCentral pages with a Ruby API. Currently this gem supports accessing buyer feedback, accessing current inventory listings, and simple updates to those listings.
You need to require the gem and then provide the email address and
password you use to login to Amazon SellerCentral via the
require 'amazon_seller_central' . do |config| config.login_email "firstname.lastname@example.org" config.login_password "secret" end
After configuration, the easiest way to access your feedback is using the block form:
::.each_page do |page| feedbacks = page.feedbacks feedback = feedbacks.first feedback.arrived_on_time # true, false, or nil feedback.comments # The feedback left ("Excellent transaction!") feedback.customer_service # true, false, or nil feedback.date # A Time object feedback.item_as_described # true, false, or nil feedback.order_id # An Amazon Order ID, like 123-1234567-1234567 feedback.rater_email # email@example.com feedback.rater_role # typically "Buyer" feedback. # an integer, 1 - 5 end
You can access current inventory in much the same way as feedback:
::.each_page do |page| listings = page.listings listing = listings.first listing.sku # <Your sku for this listing> listing.asin # An ASIN, e.g. B003962DXE listing.product_name # The name of the product listing.created_at # a Time object representing when you created this listing listing.quantity # an integer listing.condition # "New" or "Used - Very Good" or whichever listing.price_cents # an integer of cents. listing.price is also available to get dollars listing.status # "Open", "Closed (Out of Stock)", or "Incomplete" end
Currently this gem supports updating a listing you've already created via the web interface or some other API. Future versions may include creating listing entries from scratch.
To update a listing, you use
ListingPage#apply_listings, like so:
# alternately get a page inside the 'each_page' method above page = ::. # Updating a listing for my sku, "PR6902-2": listing = page.listings.find("PR6902-2") listing.quantity = 10 listing.price_cents = 1599 # Note the array syntax here allows you to update multiple listings # on this page at the same time. page.apply_listings([listing])
- Access to more sections of Amazon SellerCentral.
- Rework Mechanize access to allow parallel / thread-safe usage
- Note: This library is likely not thread-safe. (It's untested)
Contributing to amazon_seller_central
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2011 Optoro, Inc. See LICENSE.txt for further details.